Saturday, August 3, 2013

Anne Willis


is a free spirited, bee keeper and mother of 7 children, She is originally from Portland, Maine, but now resides in Winston-Salem, NC.  In addition to bee keeping, she bakes homemade breads and desserts, decorates cakes, makes hula hoops, caters, writes journals, travels, paints, sews, hikes, expert level guitar hero player!! and a recent amateur golfer  She began bee keeping a little over 3 years ago after attending the Dept. of Agriculture's Bee School. She is now a Certified NC Beekeeper hoping to eventually be a master craftsman beekeeper. Anne explains "I was always fascinated with keeping bees when I was a teenager I helped a beekeeper with his exhibit at the Children’s Museum in Portland and was entranced by the amazing creatures". What started out as a hobby has now turned into a small business selling honey? She is now teaching herself how to make lotions, soaps and other cosmetics out of beeswax. Anne is a ferocious reader.  Her favorite authors include John Updike, Alice Hoffman, David James Duncan, David Sedaris and William Styron.  Our only question is how she finds time to read with such a busy full life.




GALLERY:
Bee Keeping




LINKS:

Follow on Facebook
Check out Rocco's Roasted Corn on Facebook


Anne Willis answers 25 of the Best

Who was the last person you told “I love you”?
Anne:  My husband.


What will you find in your refrigerator if you looked right now?
Anne:  Coffee creamer, gallon of blue cheese dressing, crab meat and bacon flavored bologna (yuck!!!) I've been out of town its time to go shopping!


What was the last expletive that you used?
Anne:  Motherf#%%^ son of a b$#%% I sometimes curse worse than my sailor husband.


When was the last time you cried?
Anne:  A few weeks ago when discussing the death of a friend.


What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten?
Anne:  Raw fish dredged in hot mustard sauce! It was on the first date with my now husband I nearly threw up in his lap.


In the film of your life, who plays you and what is the title?
Anne:  Lily Tomlin~~~Seriously?


What is the last furry thing that you touched?
Anne:  Dixie our bloodhound.


When was the last time you had a hangover?
Anne:  Two weeks ago too many rum and cokes (note to self you are NOT 21 recovery now takes days not hours!).


Do you remember the last time you saw a random act of kindness?
Anne:  A lady gave my 8yr old son all her tickets at the arcade at the beach It made his night.


If your iPod could only hold 3 songs, what would they be?
Anne:  Janis Joplin Me and Bobby Mcgee, GNR Rocket Queen and GNR Night Train.


What are you currently reading?
Anne:  Suddenly, The Cider Didn't Taste So Good ~~John Ford.



Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
Anne:  
Yes.


If personalities had an odor, what would you smell like?
Anne:  
Honey and strange fruit.


You are running in a race and overtake the second-place runner. What position are you now in?
Anne:  
Next to last I do NOT run....ever.


Describe your happy place?
Anne:  
My red recliner surrounded by all my books.


What is the longest period that you have ever gone without taking a bath?
Anne:  
2 weeks camping deep in the woods of Maine.


What is your theme song?
Anne:  
The doors People are strange.


Have you ever been spanked or spanked someone as an adult?
Anne:  
Odd question but...........yes.


What do you do when you feel sad or depressed?
Anne:  
I read and lose myself in someone elses life for awhile.


If you were being attacked by the tickle monster, who would you want it to be?
Anne:  
No one I hate to be tickled.


Do you believe in ghosts? Why?
Anne:  
Yes. I don't believe we ever really leave this life I think traces of our former selves are left lingering.


Describe the perfect kiss using no more than 5 words?
Anne:  
Out of body passionate heated.


What is your greatest fear?
Anne:  
Being in a car accident I'm a nervous wreck on the highway.


What is the best dish you can cook?
Anne:  
Stuffed shells.


Do you truly feel loved?
Anne:  
Yes I do.


Thank you, Anne!

No comments: